Tank Gauging System
Flotech’s tank gauging system is designed specifically for the offshore and marine industry. The system is suitable for measurement of ballast and other water/fuel oil tanks through the use of electro-pneumatic technique, level and non-contact transmitters.
The system overview above shows the tank gauging cabinet which receives inputs from level transmitters and bubbling point. These inputs are then processed by the system’s PLC, which in turn provides and display correct tank data, such as product level, tank volume etc. on the HMI
Options for interfaces to offloading computers or vessel monitoring systems include the industry standard communication protocols such as Modbus RTU, Fieldbus and Ethernet networks. Redundant communications are available where required, depending on the class regulations and vessel type.
- Electronic Pneumatic System
- Low Pressure Alarm
- Recurrent automatic purging of air tubes for protection from contamination and freezing
- Equipped with a back-up pressure sensor for continuous operation even if the main sensor fails
- Built-in periodic zero self-calibration of pressure sensors
- Level transmitter
- High accuracy
- Suitable for submersible operation (IP68)
- Availability of titanium housing for harsh medium applications.
- Customised solution to suit individual customer needs
- Marine class approved system