Pharma Refractometers – PR23AC
An all-purpose refractometer for large pipe and vessel installations. Installation through a flange or a clamp connection. Area classification Zone 2 (Class I, Div. 2); Intrinsically safe process refractometer PR-23-GP-IA Area classification Zone 0 and Zone 1.
- Universal calibration of each sensor: All sensors are freely interchangeable.
- Full measurement range Refractive Index (nD) 1.3200 – 1.5300, which
corresponds to 0-100 Brix/Conc.
- Meets 3A Sanitary Standard and tested for CIP clean-ability according to EHEDG.
- Withstands CIP cleaning.
- Completely digital system: particles and bubbles do not affect operation or accuracy.
- Patented CORE-optics: no drift, no re-calibration, no mechanical adjustments.
- Includes an Ethernet communication solution for data-logging. Together with the user’s own
procedural and administrative user controls this facilitates electronic data records for FDA 21
CFR Part 11 adherence.
- Effective heat transfer and isolation using Teflon® and ceramics in the sensor provide safe
operation also in higher process temperatures (max. 130 °C/266 °F.
- Fast process temperature measurement by built-in Pt1000 and automatic temperature
- Calibration and accuracy traceability with easy on-site instrument verification using standard
Refractive Index liquids.
- ATEX approved for Zone II, area classification EX II 3 G EEx nA II T4.
- ATEX approved for Zones 0 and 1, area classification ATEX II 1G Ex ia IIC T4 (only Intrinsically
safe PR-23-AC-IA with single sensor transmitter STR ).
- FM approved for Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C and D, T6.
- CSA certified for Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C and D, T4.
- cCSAus certified for Electrical Safety, Sensor: Class I, Pollution Deg. 3; Transmitter: Class I,
Pollution Deg. 2; Installation Cat. II.
- Pharmaceutical Chemicals
Acetylsalicylic acid, Calcium gluconate, Glycerophosphates, Chloral hydrate, Saccharin, Antihistamines, Tranquilizers, Antifilarials, Diethyl carbamazine citrate, Antidiabetics and more.
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
Actives, Excipients, Intermediates, Raw material, Fine chemicals, and Bulk chemicals.
Penicillin, Streptomycin, Tetracyclines, Chloramphenicol, and Antifungals.
- Blood Products
Blood, Plasma, Serum, Infusion liquids, Sodium chloride, and Glucose.
Proteins and Protein buffer solutions
- Synthetic Drugs
Sulfa drugs, Antituberculosis drugs, Antileprotic drugs, Analgesics, Anesthetics, and Antimalarials.
Ascorbid acid, Ca-arabonate, Riboflavin, Vitamin-B, Vitamin-C Sodium Pantonate. and more.
- Synthetic Hormones
Concentrated aqueous solutions of sucrose.
- Drugs of Vegetable Origin
Quinine, Strychnine and Brucine, Emetine, and Digitalis Glycosides, and Herbal extracts.
- Vaccines and Sera
- Surgical Sutures
Glue for human tissue.
- Acids, Bases and Solvents
|Refractive Index Range||Full range, nD = 1.3200…1.5300|
(corresponds to hot water…100 b.w.)
|Accuracy||Refractive index nD ±0.0002|
(corresponds typically to ± 0.1% by weight)
Repeatability nD ±0.0001
(corresponds typically to ±0.05% by weight)
|Speed of Response||1 s undamped, damping time selectable up to 5 min|
|Calibration||With Cargille standard R.I. liquids over full range of nD 1.3200…1.5300|
|CORE-Optics||No mechanical adjustments (US Patent No. US6067151)|
|Digital Measurement||3648 pixel CCD element|
|Light Source||Light emitting diode (LED), 589 nm wavelength, sodium D-line|
|Temperature Sensor||Built-in Pt-1000, linearization according to IEC 751|
|Temperature Compensation||Automatic, digital compensation|
|Instrument Verification||According to ISO 9000 quality system: NIST traceable with standard R.I. liquids and Transmitter’s menu guided procedure and report for printing|
|Ambient Temperature||Sensor: max. 45°C (113°F), min. -20°C (-4°F)|
Indicating transmitter: max. 50°C (122°F), min. 0°C (32°F)
|Process Connection||Sanitary 3A-clamp 2.5″|
|Process Temperature||-20°C…130°C (-4°F…266°F)|
|Surface Roughness, Option||Ra 0.4μm (15μ inch)|
|Process Wetted Part Standard||AISI 316L stainless steel, prism spinel, prism gaskets PTFE (teflon), EPDM|
|Sensor Protection Class||IP67, Nema 4X|
|Sensor Weight||2.0 kg (4.4 lbs)|
|Laboratory Test Cuvette LTC|
for Off-line Laboratory Testing
|AISI 316 L stainless steel laboratory test cuvette for manual and static sampling. Contains an agitator with PTFE (teflon) stirrer, and connections for sample inlet and outlet, and 1/4″ tube connections for thermostat controlled water|
|Pharma Mini Flow Cell PMFC||For in-line testing of low volume samples in pilot conditions, process connection Sanitary 3A-clamp 1,5″, electropolished wetted parts material with surface roughness of Ra 0.4μm (15μ inch)|
|Indicating Transmitter DTR|
|Display||320×240 pixel graphical LCD with LED backlight|
|Keypad||18 membrane keys|
|Current Output||Two independent current sources,|
4-20 mA, max. load 1000 Ohm,
galvanic isolation 1500 VDC or AC (peak),
hold function during prism wash
|Ethernet Connection||10/100 Mbit/s, data acquisition over UDP/IP Protocol with K-Patents data logging software|
|Power||AC input 100-240 VAC/50-60 Hz, optional 24 VDC, 30VA|
|Alarms / Wash Relays||Two built-in signal relays, max. 250 V/3 A|
|Sensor Connectivity||One or two sensors can be connected to the DTR. Sensors independent of each other: own parameter sets and usable in different applications. Two current outputs configurable independently to indicate process concentration or temperature of either sensor.|
|Transmitter Protection Class||Enclosure IP66, Nema 4X|
|Enclosure Material||Standard: Polycarbonate, optional: AISI 304 stainless steel|
|Indicating Transmitter Weight||4.5 kg (10 lbs)|
|Interconnecting Cable||IEC 61158-2 compliant two-wire cable|
|Interconnecting Cable Length||Standard 10 m (33 ft), max. 200 m (660 ft)|
Note: Specification are subject to change without notice.