High Purity Pressure Transducer
Setra Model 224 High Purity Pressure Transducer is designed for the most demanding specialty gas monitoring and control applications, where construction integrity, purity and performance cannot be sacrificed.
Model 224 has a small, streamlined sensor chamber for easy purgeability. The sensor is designed to provide superior mechanical and thermal stability, especially in transient temperature conditions resulting from flowing gases. Isolation of the sensing element from the pressure.
In a typical Setra configuration, Model 224 Pressure Transducer has a compact housing that contains two closely-spaced, parallel, electrically-isolated metallic surfaces, one of which is essentially a diaphragm capable of slight flexing under applied pressure. The diaphragm is constructed of low-hysteresis material such as 17-4 PH SS or a proprietary compound of fused glass and ceramic (Setraceram™). These firmly secured surfaces (or plates) are mounted so that a slight mechanical flexing of the assembly, caused by a minute change in applied pressure, alters the gap between them (creating, in effect, a variable capacitor). The resulting change in capacitance is detected by a sensitive linear comparator circuit (employing proprietary, custom-designed ASICs), which amplifies and outputs a proportional, high-level signal.
- Model 224 High Purity Pressure Transducer has Superior stability to avoid downtime
- EMI/RFI immunity prevents false shutdown
- Sturdy design allows trouble-free installations
- Minimal torque effect
- High burst pressure ratings
- Easy purge-ability
- Virtually insensitive to thermal transients in flow stream
- Optional UL 1604 and ATEX 94/9/EC approval available for 4 to 20 mA output units
- Meets CE conformance standards