Metal Tube Variable Area Flow Meter
MT28 Metal Tube Variable Area flow meters are suitable for the flow metering and flow consumption of liquids, gases and vapour, and operate on the float principle. The MT28 measuring section features a tapered metal tube in which a suitably shaped float is allowed to move freely up and down. Depending on the flow rate, the float will assume a certain vertical position in the measuring section. The float position is transmitted by magnetic coupling to the scale on the indicator. The flowmeters are particularly suitable for difficult application, operating and environmental conditions.
Features / Benefits
- Various wetted materials are available (Stainless steel, PTFE and Hastelloy C) for process mediums.
- Die-cast aluminum housing with epoxy paint for indicator housing (IP65), also optionally available in stainless steel.
- Vertical, horizontal & side mounted version for special installation positions.
- Modular rack housing accommodate all electrical functions and scale plate, modules of electrical options can be replaced or retrofitted without interrupting the process.
|Limit Switches, L||• 2 limit switches|
• Adjustable on the scale (Can be retrofitted)
|Electrical Current Output, CUR||• Non-interacting and hysteresis-free conversion of the flow value into a scaled current output, 4-20 mA with HART|
|Flow Totalizer, FT||• Used in conjunction with CUR|
|High Temperature, HT||• Meter with built-in electrical components is mounted on extended spacers if process temperature should exceed the max. allowable level|
|Inlet Needle Valve, TE||• Connected at the inlet of flow meter|
• Used for on-off, throttling and regulating purpose
|Outlet Needle Valve, TA||• Connected at the outlet of flow meter|
• Same purpose as TE
|Inlet Differential Pressure, IR||• Help to maintain a constant flow rate at variable inlet pressure|
|Outlet Differential Pressure, OR||• Help to maintain a constant flow rate at variable outlet pressure|