Open Channel Flow Meter
OCM (With Ultrasonic Level Measuring)
The LevelWizard II Open Channel Flow Meter (OCM) is a state-of-the-art ultrasonic flow metering and control system which provides comprehensive flow monitoring with data logging and control functions for a complete range of flumes, weirs and channels. It has been designed to provides maintenance-free fit and forget performance.
Three user definable control relays with individual set points and intelligent performance-logging software features ensure the unit has maximum control versatility.
The OCM system utilities the unique DATEM software (Digital Adaptive Tracking of Echo Movement). This is an entirely new digital mapping technique developed especially for the iSOLV range which gives the system edge when identifying the “true target level” in the face of competing echoes from pipes, pumps or other obstructions.
- The LevelWizard II Open Channel Flow Meter (OCM) can show level, space, distance, head or flow on the display.
- The relays can be programmed to activate alarms, pump starters, or other control equipment. There is an isolated 4-20 mA output that can be connected to a chart recorder or PLC, to monitor level space or distance, independently from that shown on the display.
- There is an RS232 port, so that the LevelWizard II Open Channel Flowmeter can be operated remotely by a PC or other equipment.
- The LevelWizard II Open Channel Flow Meter (OCM) can be programmed either by the built-in keypad or byusing the Remote Communicator (optional) or by PC via the RS 232 Serial Interface (optional).
- One Communicator can program many iSOLV OCM units.
- All the parameters are stored in non-volatile memory, so are retained in the event of power interruption. A second backup copy of all parameters can also be retained in the LevelWizard II Open Channel Flowmeter, in case a previous set of parameters needs to be restored.
Open Channel Flow (OCM) Measurement
It has been specifically designed to measure influent and effluent water flow from all types of municipal and industrial treatment plants.
|Weight||Nominal 1 kg|
|Transducer Cable||Twin Screened|
|Maximum Separation||500 m|
|Cable Entry Details||10 cable entries – 5 x M20, 1x M16 underside, and 4 x 18mm at rear|
|Enclosure||240 x 184 x 118 mm, Polycarbonate, flame resistant to UL94-V2|
|IP Rating||IP 65|
|Max. & Min. Temperature||-20°C to 55°C|
|Accuracy||0.25% of the measured range or 6 mm (whichever is greater)|
|Resolution||0.1% of the measured range or 2 mm ( whichever is greater )|
|Max. Range||3meters (dB3 transducer), 6 meters ( dB6 transducer ), 10 meters ( dB 10 transducer )|
|Min. Range||Dependent on transducer|
|Reading Response||Fully adjustable|
|Description||Patented DATEM (Digital Adaptive Tracking and ECHO Mapping)|
|Analogue Output||Isolated output of 4-20 mA or 0-20 mA into 500Ω (user programmable and adjustable) 0.1% resolution|
|Digital Output||Full Duplex RS232, Volt free contacts, number and rating 5 form ‘C‘ ( SPDT ) rated at 5A at 240 VAC|
Display 6 digits plus 12 character text, plus bargraph with directionindicators, remote communicator identifier, and program/run/test mode indicators
|Analogue Input||0-20 or 4-20 mA for pressure sensor, velocity sensor|
|Programming||On-board Programming: Integral keypad|
|PC Programming||Via RS232 RJ11 port|
|Programming Security||Via Password ( User Selectable and Adjustable)|
|Programmed Data Security||Via non-volatile RAM, plus backup|
|Power Supply||115 VAC + 5% / -10% 50/60 Hz,|
230 VAC + 5% / -10% 50/60 Hz,
Note: Specifications are subject to change without notice