Full Profile Electromagnetic Averaging Insertion Flow Meter with Multiple Electrodes
Flow-Tronics TORPEE-MAG is a hot tap full profile electromagnetic insertion flow meter. Multiple electrodes placed across the entire sensor body at equal area, measure and report the average flow rate over the full diameter of the pipe. The specific design of the multi-electrode sensor compensates for variable flow profiles, including swirl and turbulent conditions and allows installation without calibration on site.
The TORPEE-MAG can be installed without shutting down, emptying or cutting the pipe (hot tap installation). It does not require welding flanges and installation can be done in pressurized pipelines up to 16 bar.
Cost of installation is largely reduced by eliminating the need for heavy equipment (cranes, etc.) or extensive manpower. The TORPEE-MAG is the most economical flow metering solution for medium and large pipe sensor sizes, reducing drastically installation costs.
The TORPEE-MAG fits in confined spaces, can be submerged and offers complete accessibility. It can be removed in pipes under pressure for easy inspection, cleaning, calibrating or verification. It is particularly cost-effective for retrofit application.
The TORPEE-MAG comes in 2 different sizes in order to be used with 1,5 inch or 2 inch ball valves. The 1,5 inch TORPEE-MAG is available for pipe sizes ranging from DN100 up to DN1500. The 2 inch TORPEE-Mag is available for pipe sizes ranging from DN500 up to DN2500. For larger pipe sizes, please contact FLOW-TRONIC.
- Multi-electrode sensor delivering accurate total flow profile rivaling the performance of a full-bore meter (0,5% accuracy)
- Ease of hot tap installation without interrupting service
- Economical solution for medium & large line sizes reducing drastically installation costs (sizes from DN 100 to DN2500)
- Removable in pipes under pressure for inspection, cleaning, calibration or verification
- Sensor coated with food & beverage certified epoxy coating
- Robust construction for operational longevity with rugged 316 stainless steel/aluminium sensor body
- Comes pre-calibrated from the Calibration Lab. With no moving parts, the sensor contains nothing to wear or break
- Made in Belgium
- Two 0/4…20mA outputs
- Dual range
- Diagnostic function
- Empty pipe detection