Turbidity Controller ATS500
ATS500 Turbidity Controllers are used when there is a need to add display function, control, alarm, and/or automatic cleaning of the sensor to a transmitter capable of performing any type of measurement. The 0-20 mA or 4-20 mA signal from the transmitter is sent to the instruments who perform the above functions.
In some cases, it is necessary to measure the value before and after the process. Turbidity Controllers ATS500 are able to display and control the difference of the measurements of the two transmitters operating with the same full scale.
Turbidity Sensor Probes
Few types of turbidity sensors probes and flow cells are available to be paired with the ATS500 Turbidity Controllers:
- Range: -9999 / +9999. Turbidity Controller ATS500 allows the configuration of the minimum and the maximum value of the scale and decimal point position.
- Measuring Unit: The user may select one of the proposed measuring units: %, NTU, FTU, mg/l, g/l, ppm, μS, mS, pH, mV, or edit any custom unit.
- Display: The display shows the values of the measures and the messages which guide the user through set-up, configuration and during normal operation.
- Keyboard: There are dedicated keys to directly access zero and sensitivity calibration as well as set point configuration
- Two Filters Software: The user can set two filters in order to obtain a stable reading and a faster response to the variations of the measurement in the process.
- Operating modes: Turbidity Controller ATS500 can operate in automatic, measure or simulated mode so to facilitate start-up or maintenance.
- Dual Analog Outputs: Can be addressed to any input and programmable 0/4 – 20 mA on two points of the scale. They allow PID control or transmission of the measured values.
- Two On/Off Regulators: Independent and addressable to any input with programmable set point on the scale.
- PID Output: During PID control through the analog output, the level of the actuation is displayed. The user can select an FM regulation (pulse frequency) or WM (pulse width) addressed to the assigned relay.
- Logic Inputs: Two free voltage contacts can generate a hold or alarm condition.
ATS500 Turbidity Analyzer is widely used in the following applications:
- Food and beverage
- Chemical industry
- Paper and pulp
- Drinking water
- Underground water
- Printing industry
- Swimming pools
- Textile industry
- Water treatment
|Inputs||4-20 mA, 0-20 mA active or passive.|
Single or differential.
|Power supply for passive transmitters||24 Vdc (50 mA max)|
|Zero||± 10 %|
|Sensitivity||12.5 % ÷ 250 %|
|Dual filter software||0.4 ~ 50.0 seconds for small and large variations|
|Dual set point HI/LO||ON/OFF – PID – PFM – PWM, SPST relays|
|Set point hysteresis||0 ~ 10 %|
|Delay on set point||0 ~ 100.0 seconds|
|Alarm||SPDT relay with delay 0 ~ 100.0 seconds|
|Cleaning function||Off / autoclean / manual, relay SPDT|
Repetition time 0.1 ~ 100.0 hours
Cleaning time 1.0 ~ 60.0 seconds
Holding time 0.0 ~20.0 minutes
|SPST and SPDT relay contacts||220 V – 5 A resistive load|
|Operating temperature||-10 ~ 60 °C|
|Humidity||95% without condensation|
|Power supply||85 ~ 264 Vac – 50/60 Hz|
9 ~ 36 Vdc, 12 ~ 24 Vac
|Weight||1360 g (C01)|
450 g (C02)
|Enclosure||ABS, IP 65 protection (C01)|
Metallic, IP 65 front panel only (C02)
|Dimensions||256x230x89 mm (C01)|
98x98x104 mm, 90x90x95 mm panel cutout (C02)
|EMC/RFI conformity||EN 61326|